http://rpc.icerocket.com:10080/ Blog Directory - Blogged Scrapbook Designs Unlimited: Disney is back...

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Disney is back...

I have not done a Disney Layout in a really long time. I do mean LONGGGGGG Time. I will be teaching this double spread LO at the Paper Tree House Studio on June 21, 2010. I had a really hard time creating this critter...I think I was just overwhelmed with wanting to create a "DISNEY" looking layout.

One of the things that I have always tried to teach, is that you do not necessarily have to have a themed sticker or paper to bring the feel of a place, person or thing to life in your layouts. By using colors you can bring the memory or the object to life.

As you can see, I used red, black, white and yellow...all represent that cutie pie Mouse that we all know from our childhood. Polka dots is always a good thing to work with when doing Disney layouts.

I challenged myself to use three different overlays to complete this layout and the truth is at the end of the day, it was fun to see how I could make all three work.

I will have these on sale after the 21st. Keep an eye out!!! Hope this inspires you to create something fun.

Hugs,
Me
NOTE: SO SORRY....for the glare on the layout. It was the only copy of the layout I have and I did not have the actual LO in my possession. :)

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!! Soooooooooooooooo stinkin cute! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for leaving a comment over on my blog today! Fake Friday is what I refer to as any day that is not actually Friday, but the end to my work week. I have tomorrow off so today is my fake friday. hope that makes sense! have a great weekend!
And I love the layout!

Coffee Recipes said...

Greatt read thank you